Fellowes Paper Shredders
The History of the Fellowes Brand
The saying goes: if it is shredding business, it is Fellowes! Fellows Paper Shredders were first introduced in 1917 by the founder Harry Fellowes. In its nascent years, the company was based in Chicago, Illinois. It was then that the company used to produce boxes for storing records. Later on the company expanded into a corporation and was the first to introduce paper shredder for personal use. Ever since then, the company has set standards for its followers.
Common Features of Fellowes Shredders
- Patent-pending Safesense Technology - most Fellowes machines contain an active sensor which automatically disables
operation the moment your fingers come too close to the blades.
- Durable Steel Cutters - thanks to this feature not only are the machines capable
of handling plastic cards,CDs and paper clips, but they also live longer.
- Sheet Capacity Gauge - prevents paper from getting stuck inside the blades.
Specific Fellowes Shredders Features
- Design - while most Fellowes shredders are elegantly designed,
the Intellishred PS-79Ci as well as
the SB-99Ci, stand out in particular with a very slick, modern look.
- Size - Fellowes machines come in various sizes and can meet different demands. For instance, you have the
desktop Fellowes shredder on the one hand, and the heavy duty Powershred SB-97Cs on the other.
The number of sheets a Fellowes machine can take in a single pass also varies and ranges from 4 to approximately 17.
The average Fellowes machine has a 7 gallon waste basket, while a large one has a volume of about 10.
- Security - each model has its own security level. In general, Fellowes offers strip-cut, cross-cut, confetti-cut
and micro-cut machines. The strip-cut is the least secure of the options mentioned above, yet usually the cheapest. In the strip-cut category,
you may want to consider the Powershred PS-60, which produces 7/32 inch particles at the rate
of 130 sheets per minute. In the cross-cut and confetti-cut categories, you have more models to choose from. The typical shred size
in the cross-cut categories would be about 5/32 x 1-1/2 inch.
- Jam Proof System - most Fellowes shredders can be operated in reverse mode to remove paper stuck inside the blades.
However, the Intellishred PS-79Ci as well as the SB-99Ci mentioned above also feature a sophisticated Jam Proof System.
The system measures the thickness of the paper you have entered and prevents the jam before it occurs. You also get a signal telling you
when the paper was misfed.
We hope that you found this page useful. However, if you need to see more options to choose the best shredder for you, you can also visit our paper shredder reviews section, where you can find a full list of our products.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.